Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Online is great, but it is 6:30pm...

I have trained online today for:
1. Civil rights knowledge (Oregon)
2. Red Cross Basic First Aid (from Indiana)
3. Child Abuse (to how to, but how to notice- Virginia)
4. I have also set up my online course for Latin- to which no students have entered. I wrote a lovely letter, with pictures and information, to each student- and have no replies. I even recorded a message with my webcam and mic- and have gotten nothing in return. First day of an online school means you don't log it, I suppose.

I have also been given three assignments to teach SAT prep online next week- and now have to play around with the modules.

All of this is great- but I sat down at 9am this morning and am near finishing (well, some things, but didn't get to others!) now, at 6:30pm. And, strangely enough, I have gotten paid for none of this! In fact, the first three are things I have to pay for (Oregon- 120$, Virginia, 50$, Red Cross, 45$), and the last, I get paid 244$ for a whole semester of work, from January-June, since I only have three students.
However, all of this is resume building or it is a way to be licensed to apply for jobs. I'm dealing in hope lately, and hope is really anti-social and requires little movement on my part.

Off to do the laundry and move and unpack- because I have that part of my life to do as well.

I did find the public library yesterday- i got my card in the mail this weekend. I got a few books- Harold Bloom mostly, and bought a nice, red library bag to hold them. I don't think I've been so excited for weeks now! I read Fahrenheit 451 last night for fun- it was great.

No comments: